We want to make it as easy as possible for you to have a conversation, so we will not be pre-moderating comments. We will, however, post-moderate, meaning that we will take down comments that don’t abide by the guidelines set out below. This might mean that some inappropriate comments may appear before moderators have a chance to remove them. Moderators will be monitoring the site between 9am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, and aim to process comments as quickly as possible. We will try to extend moderation outside of these hours if there is resource available.
Some comments may be pre moderated if the system thinks they are spam. If they are not spam, we will ensure they are published as soon as we possibly can.
This is not about censoring your views. The aim is to ensure the discussion is fair, inclusive, relevant and constructive. Moderation will not be used to suppress legitimate, reasoned discussion about what a healthier Scotland could look like.
We will not remove comments as long as they:
- respect other people. Comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
- don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
- don’t include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity
- don’t reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of the site
- don’t advertise commercial products and services – you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
- don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- are on-topic. Please don’t post messages that are unrelated to this channel
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before submitting a comment. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
We reserve the right to suspend comments at any time.
The views and opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the views of the Scottish Government. The Scottish Government cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of information posted by external parties.